Monday 18 November 2013

Centre Feeding

Centre Feeding happens every day. It is an hour long presentation that CCF puts on for visitors. It includes cheetah facts, cheetah stories, and watching the cheetah eat its daily meal right in front of you. The person giving this talk? Whichever intern got assigned to it that day. All of us know plenty about the cheetah, but our talks differ quite significantly. Talks given by the same person will even change each time that they do it. There are a few things that need to be covered like the stories of our cubs, the meat that we feed the cats, and what CCF does to help the cheetah as a species, but the rest is up to you. I give these speeches about twice a week, and each time I get more and more confident in what I know and what I should be saying. Even though I hated being in front of a crowd the first time I gave the Centre Feeding talk, I kind of like the lime light now. It is nice to present to everyone what I have come to know from being here at CCF. The number of people present to listen can range from 1 to 100 people, so you have to be ready for anything. Sometimes they have translators, because they don't speak English. Other times they don't speak English and just nod their heads like they are getting everything you're saying. It is different every time, and has made for one of the more challenging reoccurring experiences that I have had here at CCF.


No comments:

Post a Comment