Tuesday 5 November 2013

Day Off

Usually my alarm goes off around 6:20 AM, but not today. Today I got to stay in my bed until the sun came overhead and started to beat down on my tin roof around 9:45. From there I got some juggling lessons from a fellow intern. I am starting to get the hang of it as well. Juggling continued until around 11:00 because that is when brunch is served. This is one of the best meals of the week, so we like to get there right on time to get plenty of bacon. Next came some laundry, followed by waiting for the laundry to finish, and ending with some hanging out of the laundry to dry. Now that the laundry is done, I have learned to juggle, and I have a full stomach I can now get around to climbing Leopard Hill. This is a rather small hill behind the camp that I stay at, and I have heard it has a great view of the area. After a small hike I got to the top and looked around. All scenery is beautiful in my eyes, even when there isn't much to see. Namibia is really flat, and it is also mostly desert. After a small stay at the top of Leopard Hill it was time to head back so I could spend the rest of the day off how it is supposed to be spent, which is lounging around and recharging my batteries.


No comments:

Post a Comment